HSE University e-mail
- your login and initial password for accessing your HSE University’s e-mail will be sent to your personal e-mail address prior to the start of your courses;
- each student’s HSE University e-mail account is provided by the University for their entire period of study;
- use your HSE University e-mail for a verifiable exchange of documents and official information between yourself and HSE University staff;
- serves as a means of communication with teachers, programme offices and the University’s administration.
* The initial password is created by the University once a user registers their personal information and is presented as a sequence of symbols. Students must change their password after their initial entry into the system.
To reset your password, you will need to confirm your telephone number and add/update your personal e-mail to your personal account via MyHSE Services. This will allow you to change your password. You can read more details about this process in the instructions for confirming your number in your personal account and changing your password in MyHSE Services on the Confluence platform.
Starting from the 2022/2023 academic year, access to personal accounts can be made through https://mail.yandex.ru/.
Find out more here.
HSE university’s virtual learning environment (SmartLMS)
- HSE University’s virtual learning space brings together all participants in the learning process;
- teachers can upload course materials, assignments and tests, while students can submit their assignments and works.
Information for signing in:
- website: smartedu.hse.ru
Students can activate their accounts in SmartLMS by using their login (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to their HSE University e-mail account.
You can find more information about SmartLMS here.
My HSE Services Account
- the University’s digital ecosystem and smart environment for bringing users together;
- provides access to HSE University’s many varied services.
How to access:
- website: lk.hse.ru
Students can access their MyHSE Services account buy using their HSE University e-mail login and password (email@example.com).
Click here for more information on your personal account.
E-Timetabling System (RUZ)
- centralized system for planning course timetables;
- provides students and teachers the opportunity to view updated course and examination timetables.
- website: https://ruz.hse.ru/
Viewing course timetables or booking rooms in the RUZ system does not require special system setup: you just need a computer or a mobile device with internet access (you can use any browser).
Find out more.
Wi-Fi is available free-of-charge in all HSE University buildings, including its dormitories.
Two Wi-Fi networks have been set-up for students to use in HSE University administrative buildings:
- HSE.RU student network – to access the network, you can use your HSE University e-mail and password (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- HSE University’s guest network – you need to use the following to access the guest network:
- login: hseguest;
- password: hsepassword.
Information about online access in dormitories can be found at https://dorm.hse.ru/.
- digital support at HSE University;
- the Hotline’s specialists can provide assistance and consultations on working with our digital platforms, systems and services.
Get in contact:
- by telephone:
You can call +7 (495) 625 50-15 or +7 (495) 772-9590 ext. *55555. While using HSE University’s corporate phone line, you just need to dial 55555.
- through your MyHSE Services account:
You can access the HSE Hotline through your MyHSE Services account.
- via e-mail:
Send a request to email@example.com.
The operators work 8am-8pm (Moscow time) Monday to Saturday, while e-mails can be sent at any time.
You can find more information on this service here.
Digital Buddies – Digital Support for International Students
- HSE University’s digital support services aims to find solutions to the requests of HSE University’s international students;
- Digital Buddies are assistants from HSE University, who can help international students navigate its digital space;
- assistants can help you with the University’s digital platforms, services, systems and resources;
- enquiries not regarding digital services are passed on to respective HSE University services.
How to get in contact:
- Through your MyHSE Services account:
Buddies work Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm, Moscow time. Enquires can be sent electronically 24/7.
More information about HSE mobile apps can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org