When you know your exact arrival date, please fill in the form to request a buddy. Contact the ESN team at email@example.com for the questions concerning Buddy programme.
If you are having a distance learning, you can also request an online-buddy. Check here in order to learn how to get one.
Please note that both options may take some time, so you might have to wait a bit for your Buddy to be confirmed. And please remember that Buddies are volunteers and are students as well, so respect their personal time and space.
Buddies are current HSE University students who volunteer to help incoming international students to settle into life in Moscow and feel more confident in a new cultural and social environment. You meet you buddy upon your arrival or can request their help any time throughout your stay.
What buddies do:
- Meet you at the Aeroexpress station (not at the airport!);
- Accompany you to your dormitory and help you with the check-in process;
- Provide you with general hands-on experience (campus buildings, useful apps, emergency phone numbers, etc);
- Help you deal with local documents and forms in Russian;
- Recommend you events and places in the city;
- Re-direct you to a person in charge in case your question requires HSE University administration's involvement.
| What buddies do not do:
- Meet you during night hours (from 9 PM till 8 AM);
- Become your full-time personal assistant (respect their personal time and space!)
- Offer any financial or other material help.