This page contains useful information that will help you get access to HSE university services and prepare for your semester/year at HSE University.
Please make sure that you arrive in Russia not earlier than 21 August, 2022.
1. Check Access to Your HSE Student E-Mail
1. Check the inbox and spam folder of the email address you indicated when filling in your HSE Online Profile on https://asav.hse.ru/foreignstud.html.
2. You will find your HSE e-mail address and password in an e-mail with the subject 'Параметры вашей учетной записи для входа (Your login account settings)'.
3. Go to https://mail.yandex.ru/.
4. Follow instructions here to log in.
2. Check Access to Your LMS Account
1) Go to lms.hse.ru:
2) Click 'Login by ELK' to log in and log in using your HSE e-mail address and your password.
3. Attend pre-mobility webinars (May-August 2022)
To help you better prepare for you exchange experience at HSE University we have prepared a series of webinars. Please see the schedule here.
4. Enroll in HSE University courses (June-July 2022)
Official enrollment for English-taught courses will run from 6 to 18 June, 2022 in the 'Selective Courses' tab in LMS.
Instruction on how to enroll in courses in LMS (will be updated when the course enrollment page becomes accessible)
Tips on choosing courses
5. Apply for your Russian visa (if you are arriving in Russia) (from August 2022)
You will receive a letter of invitation for a Russian visa. Please check your local Russian Consulate's requirement for visa applicants in advance.
6. Register at the HSE University Library (from August 2022)
1. Register in the library: https://elib.hse.ru/e-resources/library/appl_form_eng.htm
2. Register to get remote access to e-resources: https://elib.hse.ru/e-resources/ez/ezregulation_eng.htm
3. You will be able to keep track of the books your borrow in your account in the HSE App X app.
7. Request a Buddy (from August 2022)
8. Purchase Medical Insurance (if you are arriving in Russia) (from August 2022)
All international students are required to purchase medical insurance for the duration of their study abroad programme. Please see the Medical Insurance page for more information.
After you have purchased your medical insurance, please upload it to your HSE Online Profile on https://asav.hse.ru/foreignstud.html
9. Take the Russian Language Placement Test (end of August 2022)
The Russian a Foreign Language course (6 ECTS per semester) is not compulsory. You can enrol in one Russian as a Foreign language course per semester free of charge and it will be included in your transcript of records.
If you wish to attend this course, please take a placement test in your LMS profile (instructions).
If you have not studied Russian before, please submit an empty test so that the Russian Language Centre knows that you are interested and contacts you.
If you are not going to take the Russian as a Foreign Language Course, you do not need to take the placement test.
10. Attend the Orientation Session/Orientation Follow-up (from 23 August, 2022)
The Orientation Session schedule for students on physical and online mobilities is available here.