Download in PDF -> Pre-Departure Checklist
(only for citizens of countries subject to the visa regime with the Russian Federation. More information can be found on the HSE University Visa and Registration Centre website)
- After the invitation for receiving a visa appears in the applicant’s account, submit an application for a student visa at the Russian consulate or visa centre in your country (single-entry study visa; valid for up to 90 days);
- After getting your visa, check it for any mistakes.
- Make sure that your arrival date doesn’t come before the start of your visa;
- Familiarize yourself with Russia’s migration and customs rules, as well as baggage transport regulations;
- Find out how to get to your place of residence from the airport (or train station): Aeroexpress, metro, or taxi;
- Submit the documents to the Admissions Office on the next working day after your arrival.
- Indicate in the applicant’s account if you require a dorm room;
- Print out the referral to the dormitory;
- Read Internal Dormitory Regulations.
MEDICAL INSURANCE AND CERTIFICATES:
- Obtain a medical insurance policy before entry to Russia, which will cover your entire period of stay and include a medical check-up and testing for HIV, Hepatitis B, and COVID-19 (PCR-method);
- Obtain three days before arrival a medical certificate confirming a negative test result for COVID-19 (using the PCR method) in Russian and in English.
- Obtain a certificate confirming inoculations issued by a medical institution.
- Keep the contacts of your programme office and programme manager, as well as the International Admissions Office and the International Student Support Centre;
- Keep the contacts of the consulate/embassy of your country in Russia.
WHAT TO BRING:
International Student Support Centre
We are part of Department of Internationalisation
11 Pokrovskiy Bulvar, office 626D
- Visiting hours
Mon.— Fri., 10:00 — 19:00