• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Medical Aid & Insurance

NB! All international students are required to have a medical insurance while studying at HSE University. Please aquire your medical insurance before your arrival to Russia.

Where can I purchase a medical insurance?

International students can purchase a medical insurance from the representatives of the insurance companies recommended by HSE University. Find out more here.

If your policy does not include a medical check-up, tests for HIV, hepatitis B, and COVID-19 by PCR, you should purchase these options separately or contact a clinic in Moscow providing these services.

For reference, cost of such options in Moscow clinics:

  • medical check-up with the issuance of the health certificate  – 1700-9500 rubles;
  • test for HIV – 700-3500 rubles;
  • test for hepatitis B – 500-2500 rubles;
  • test for COVID-19 by PCR method – 2200-5500 rubles.


The total amount of these services is from about 5100 to 21000 roubles.

Which services should be included into my insurance?

The insurance should cover the whole period of your stay at HSE University and include the following services:

  • outpatient care services;
  • home calls;
  • emergency medical assistance;
  • emergency hospital admission;
  • emergency dental care;
  • medical check-up with the issuance of the health certificate;
  • test for HIV;
  • test for hepatitis B;
  • test for COVID-19 by PCR method;
  • repatriation.

What should I do if my insurance expires while studying at HSE University?

If your insurance expires, you should either purchase a new insurance or extend your old one. In case of extension, contact the insurance company where you insurance was purchased. International students can also purchase a new insurance from the representatives of the insurance companies recommended by HSE University. Find out more here.

For more information, please check the Medical Aid & Insurance section of the HSE University Office of Staff and Student Benefits. If you need a consultation about a particular medical insurance option, please contact Natalya Romanova, Project Head of the Office of Staff and Student Benefits.


Student International Mobility Office (SIMO)

We are part of Department of Internationalisation 

  • Visiting hours
    Mon.— Wed., 10:00 — 13:00
    Thu. — Fr., 14:00 — 17:00
Sofia Esipova

Incoming mobility coordinator

phone: +7 (495) 772-9590*27669
Tatiana Gremiakina

Incoming mobility coordinator

phone: +7 (495) 772-9590*27806
Valeriya Sokolova

Deputy Director of SIMO/Coordinator of 'Semester in Moscow' programme

phone: +7 (495) 772-9590*27668
Sofia Sadykova

Director of SIMO

phone:+7 (495) 772-9590*27672