As per a decision of Russian state agencies, effective August 1, 2020, until further notice, additional rules and measures shall apply to all foreign citizens arriving in Russia to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In light of these developments, as we approach the start of the new academic year, HSE University is preparing to receive students and making sure that necessary conditions are in place at all of our campuses.
NB! Read Q&A section on COVID-19 here.
1. Arrival in Russia
As of February 16, 2021, air communications are open between Russia and following countries:
- UK (air communications suspended until March 16, 2021),
- United Arab Emirates,
- Republic of Maldives
- Republic of Korea,
- South Ossetia,
- Republic of Serbia,
- Republic of Cuba,
- Republic of Seychelles
- Greece (Moscow – Athens, 2 flights a week),
- Singapore (Moscow – Singapore, 3 flights a week),
If you are a citizen of the above countries or you have a residence permit in these countries, when planning your trip to Russia, the following three points should be considered:
1. When buying an air ticket, you should especially consider that your flight must be direct, without transfers from your country of residence to Russia. You can only cross the Russian border through airports.
2. You have a student visa (if applicable).
3. All foreign citizens preparing for their departure for Russia must be tested for COVID-19. Testing must be done no earlier than three calendar days prior to arrival in Russia. A certificate confirming negative results of the COVID-19 test may be requested both when leaving your country and going through passport control in Russia.
2. Repeat COVID-19 Testing and Self-Isolation
In line with the Order of the Russian Consumer Protection Agency, as of February 16, 2021, amendments are made to the procedures for the re-admission to studies of international students, arriving in Russia from countries with which air connectivity has been restored on a mutual basis (the list of countries and information about entry into the Russian Federation can be found here: https://ivisa.hse.ru/news/437443684.html):
International students are allowed to take part in classes only after having the second PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours from the day of their entry to Russia and receiving the negative result. Before receiving the test result, students must observe self-isolation at the place of residence.
If, during self-isolation, students develop any symptoms or feel unwell, they should immediately contact medical services for assistance by calling “103” or “112”.
Details on repeat COVID-19 testing and self-isolation are available in the document -
3. Life at HSE University
1. HSE returns to online instruction
HSE University transitions to online learning beginning November 16, 2020.
All HSE buildings remain open, and libraries and coworking spaces continue to operate. Students are able to visit campus buildings as before, so long as they wear a mask.
2.HSE students and staff can get a free Coronavirus test from the beginning of December, 2020
Free voluntary testing for COVID-19 is available at HSE University. Students and staff members can get tested once a week by prior appointment in SmartLMS.