As per a decision of Russian state agencies, effective August 1, 2020, until further notice, additional rules and measures shall apply to all foreign citizens arriving in Russia to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In light of these developments, as we approach the start of the new academic year, HSE University is preparing to receive students and making sure that necessary conditions are in place at all of our campuses.
NB! Read Q&A section on COVID-19 here.
1. Arrival in Russia
As of January 20, 2021, air communications are open between Russia and following countries:
- UK (air communications suspended until 01.02.2021),
- United Arab Emirates,
- Republic of Maldives
- Republic of Korea,
- South Ossetia,
- Republic of Serbia,
- Republic of Cuba,
- Republic of Seychelles
- Finland (Moscow-Helsinki, twice a week, and St. Petersburg-Helsinki, twice a week) from January 27, 2021. No information on opening of state borders with these countries and Russia is available at the moment,
- Vietnam (Moscow-Hanoi, twice a week) from January 27, 2021. No information on opening of state borders with these countries and Russia is available at the moment,
- India (Moscow-Delhi, twice a week) from January 27, 2021. No information on opening of state borders with these countries and Russia is available at the moment,
- Qatar (Moscow-Doha, three times a week) from January 27, 2021. No information on opening of state borders with these countries and Russia is available at the moment.
If you are a citizen of the above countries or you have a residence permit in these countries, when planning your trip to Russia, the following three points should be considered:
1. When buying an air ticket, you should especially consider that your flight must be direct, without transfers from your country of residence to Russia. You can only cross the Russian border through airports.
2. You have a student visa (if applicable).
3. All foreign citizens preparing for their departure for Russia must be tested for COVID-19. Testing must be done no earlier than three calendar days prior to arrival in Russia. A certificate confirming negative results of the COVID-19 test may be requested both when leaving your country and going through passport control in Russia.
2. Obligatory Isolation and Repeat COVID-19 Testing
All international students shall be subject to a 14-day self-isolation from the day of their entry to Russia. Students are only allowed to take part in classes after the completion of a 14-day self-isolation and having the COVID-19 test on the 10th-12th day.
If, during 14 calendar days from arriving in Russia, you develop any symptoms or feel unwell, you should immediately contact medical services for assistance by calling at “103” or “112”.
3. Life at HSE University
1. HSE returns to online instruction
HSE University transitions to online learning beginning November 16, 2020.
All HSE buildings remain open, and libraries and coworking spaces continue to operate. Students are able to visit campus buildings as before, so long as they wear a mask.
2.HSE students and staff can get a free Coronavirus test from the beginning of December, 2020
Free voluntary testing for COVID-19 is available at HSE University. Students and staff members can get tested once a week by prior appointment in SmartLMS.