On this page, you can find the main information about settling in at the dormitory for exchange and visiting students.
How can I get a place in an HSE dormitory?
Every exchange student is guaranteed with a place in an HSE dormitory. When filling in your online profile in ASAV, please don’t forget to tick “Yes” in the field “Dormitory”.
How do I know what my dormitory number is?
Your dormitory number is indicated in your online ASAV profile.
What documents are required for moving into the dormitory?
When moving into the dormitory, a foreign citizen provides the following documents:
- migration card;
- (if you have it) a certificate confirming your vaccination (any vaccine) within the past 6 months or a certificate confirming that you have had COVID-19 within the past 6 monts;
- health certificate signed by a physician in your home country;
- negative result of 2 tests for COVID-19 by PCR (in Russian or English) - first one taken within 48 hours prior to the departure to Russia, second one taken within 72 hours after arrival in Russia (e.g., express test taken at the airport);
- medical insurance meeting requirements listed here.
More information about medical insurance policies is provided here.
Should I stay on quarantine after arrival to the dormitory?
You don't have to stay on quarantine if you have negative result of the 2nd PCR test taken within 72 hours after arrival in Russia. However if you test positive you will be reallocated to an isolator for 14 days quarantine.
What documents should I sign after moving into the dormitory?
Where can I get a pass card for entering dormitory and other HSE University buildings?
To get your pass card you need to apply to the visitors pass desk presenting your student ID card and passport.
Address: 3 Bolshoy Trekhsvyatitelsky Pereulok, room 114.
Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Technical break from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
What are the dormitory rules that I should follow?
- Pay on time ( you can pay for the dormitory here);
- Keep your room neat & clean;
- Leave the kitchen clean;
- Use electrical appliances in designated areas;
- Discard rubbish in designated areas;
- Keep quiet from 11 p.m. until 9 a.m;
- Change the linen & the towels once a week.
What should I avoid when staying at the dormitory?
- Using electrical appliances (stoves, boilers, irons, etc.) in your room;
- Loud noises;
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, using drugs;
- Bringing pets into the dormitory.
Please visit HSE Dormitories' offcial page for more information.