Settle in at the Dormitory
On this page, you can find the main information about settling in at the dormitory for exchange and visiting students.
How can I get a place in an HSE dormitory?
Every exchange student is guaranteed with a place in an HSE dormitory. When filling in your online profile in ASAV, please don’t forget to tick “Yes” in the field “Dormitory”.
How do I know what my dormitory number is?
Your dormitory number will appear in your online ASAV profile around a week before your arrival date.
What documents are required for moving into the dormitory?
When moving into the dormitory, a foreign citizen provides the following documents:
- migration card;
- health certificate signed by a physician in your home country;
- medical insurance meeting requirements listed here.
More information about medical insurance policies is provided here.
What documents should I sign after moving into the dormitory?
After moving into the dormitory, you will be asked to sign the internal regulations and tenancy agreement.
Where can I get a pass card for entering dormitory and other HSE University buildings?
To get your pass card you need to apply to the visitors pass desk presenting your student ID card and passport.
Address: 3 Bolshoy Trekhsvyatitelsky Pereulok, room 114.
Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Technical break from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
What are the dormitory rules that I should follow?
- Pay on time (you can pay for the dormitory here);
- Keep your room neat & clean;
- Leave the kitchen clean;
- Use electrical appliances in designated areas;
- Discard rubbish in designated areas;
- Keep quiet from 11 p.m. until 9 a.m;
- Change the linen & the towels once a week.
What should I avoid when staying at the dormitory?
- Using electrical appliances (stoves, boilers, irons, etc.) in your room;
- Loud noises;
- Smoking, drinking alcohol, using drugs;
- Bringing pets into the dormitory.
Please visit HSE Dormitories' offcial page for more information.
Student International Mobility Office (SIMO)
We are part of Department of Internationalisation
Moscow, 11 Pokrovskiy Bulvar, office D605
- Visiting hours
Mon.— Wed., 10:00 — 13:00
Thu. — Fr., 14:00 — 17:00
Incoming mobility coordinator
Deputy Director of SIMO/Coordinator of 'Semester in Moscow' programme