Independent accommodation searches
- Use HSE University’s “Homeet” app to find a rented apartment (https://info.homeet.styleru.org/);
- If you are looking for accommodation online, make sure you use reliable websites, e.g., Cian (https://www.cian.ru/) or Yandex.Realty (https://realty.yandex.ru/);
- If you plan to rent an apartment independently, it’s important to keep in mind the rules to avoid any possible problems when moving in and living there; prior to signing a rental agreement, inform your landlord that you need to get officially registered at the location;
- HSE University does not register students residing in rented apartments! You must do this with the owner of the apartment. If a landlord tries to tell you otherwise, don’t believe them!
- Beware of fraudsters! Never make a payment and/or a deposit prior to your arrival in Russia and signing an agreement!