Independent accommodation searches


  • Use HSE University’s “Homeet” app to find a rented apartment (;
  • If you are looking for accommodation online, make sure you use reliable websites, e.g., Cian ( or Yandex.Realty (;
  • If you plan to rent an apartment independently, it’s important to keep in mind the rules to avoid any possible problems when moving in and living there; prior to signing a rental agreement, inform your landlord that you need to get officially registered at the location;
  • HSE University does not register students residing in rented apartments! You must do this with the owner of the apartment. If a landlord tries to tell you otherwise, don’t believe them!
  • Beware of fraudsters! Never make a payment and/or a deposit prior to your arrival in Russia and signing an agreement!